Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lessons: Part 1.

I just need say that I have been having quite a few laughs at work this week with one of our groups. First of all, I was introduced into my new favorite blog, I suggest you all spend your free time readying... http://www.27bslash6.com/matthewsparty.html so great.

I learned several things this week already. First, it is never necessary to pull over in front of a Taco Bell when you think you may have a potential propane tank leak, run in to the Taco Bell to evacuate the poor families feeding their children, all just to realize you have not securely tightened the tank. I swear. That was not me. Second, going to the grocery store at night (like 9:30) around here is a poor choice. There are a lot of scary characters hanging out in the parking lot at this time. And when was the last time YOU saw 9 police cars in a store parking lot on a regular basis just in case? That is probably to ensure my safety, but really it just draws to my attention that I am probably going to be attacked some day. Third, I am still not completely happy with the parking situation at work. I find that parking my car is actually the most stressful part of my entire day. That seems a bit ridiculous for my heart and blood pressure. But it takes a lot of thought and strategy to get my car in the right place so I wont (a) be blocked in by 3 cars that I have to move, thus setting off the alarm in the garage, when I try to leave or (b) hit a pillar as I back into a space. Stress.

Tonight, I am cooking my first real meal since I have been here. I have a guest for this occasion... so that should be interesting. I am not doubting my abilities as a cook, or a host... just saying. I am making stromboli, with homemade bread. I feel as though that deserves points right there, coming home to my kitchen after work and seeing a beautiful pile of dough rising really made me feel domestic and somewhat like Martha Stewart. Some may think that is a bad thing, but dough really does something for the aroma in your apartment. Anyway, I have had a lot of trouble with this oven. It has burned everything I have put in it so far. Muffins, cookies, etc. So I think i am going to cook at 200 because that seems to be about the only temperature it can handle. Wish me luck-

Heading home this weekend for Missy's Wedding that should be a grand time. When I return however I hear I may be going to Virginia Beach, that would be very lovely... Ill keep you posted

until then

No comments:

Post a Comment