Sunday, August 1, 2010

Homeless in DC

Sweet baby jesus. I am stressed out! I have now been living in the hotel for a week and am still trying to figure out my moving arrangements. No matter what I do nothing seems to work out. I only have until Tuesday to figure something out. This whole situation is a catch 22. I need my car to be able to leave the hotel... but I cant have my car until I have somewhere to live. Do you see the problem here? Things were almost solved when I was sitting moments away fro signing a lease until my credit check came back and showed that I have no credit built up. I am 22!!!! Then they wouldn't allow me to have a co signer. AWESOME. So scratch that plan. The girl I was planning to sub lease from is on a vacation until wednesday... so there is still potential but not soon enough to meet my Tuesday deadline. Ah I literally have not had any peace since coming here. I cant wait until I can sit down in something that I am paying for and finally start to adapt to my surroundings. 

On another note, I am really liking my job! The people I work with are so great, young, and fun! I can tell that the entire hotel staff really is a close family! I have been welcomed in so openly and everyone makes it a point to talk with me even when I am here as just a customer! If it wasn't for the seemingly great future with this company I would scrap all of this apartment searching nonsense and high tail it back to the 419. Liking my job is what matters though, and I am happy to report that it is PERFECT!

Next, I know you have all been wondering. I finally had my first night out on the town last night. Phew. I made it back alive...i am so proud. I went out with an old friend from Athens and I think he was literally trying to kill me. It was a lot of fun though and it really helped to get out of the hotel for a night! I don't think that it has really sunk in that I live in here now. I feel like I am just on a weird vacation. It's rather comical to me that I am living in the hotel. When I leave work everyday I just get on the elevator and go up a few floors. When I get dinner, the people I work with are the ones bringing it to my door. All very strange. I really just cant wait for next weekend because that will mean that I have survived and am actually living somewhere! And as luck would have it, the hotel is closing all of the following week for renovations and I have a week off work to explore my new city!

So I am just going to say. I need 2 weeks to adjust and then I neeeeeeddd everyone to start booking when they would like to come visit me :) I cant be alone here forever!

Cheers to a good week and a prosperous apartment search...

Louella

No comments:

Post a Comment