Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Its been awhile.

Sighing as I hit this two year mark that signifies so many things. Leaving college, Ohio, life as I knew it. Moving to DC, starting my first "real" job at the Hotel (insert guttural sound here), meeting my boyfriend. Moving in to my apartment, killing pests on my own, and trying to make new friends. I am extremely overwhelmed by everything that I have been through in these short 24 months. It was a whirlwind that's for sure. Three jobs later, 100 friend transitions later, and an infinite amount of mistakes, I write to you from a changed mind.
I'm not going to regale you with lessons learned and acquired wisdom. More so just lay it all out there for anyone who is interested in a few minutes of witty rhetoric. One thing that does strike me as ironic is that I had to lay this blog to rest for sometime as it was "frowned upon" by my last employer and oddly enough due to my current employer that I bring it back to life.  So here it goes.

I guess you could say that I have done what I'd set out to do. I wanted to be an "event planner".  I wanted to be the woman walking down the busy city street carrying a coffee and an expensive bag. I wanted the hussle and bussle, the honking, and the in your face sink or swim mentality. Well I've got all of that covered and it is what it is. It takes it's toll on you. I've hardened and I've learned. Now the focus is on finding myself underneath it all again.
Luckily, my new position is a breath of fresh air. I am doing what I want to do and beginning to settle in to a more comfortable life style. I am experiencing more of a life balance, while traveling and meeting new people. I am able to start incorporating old friends back in to my life and work on my relationships that took a hit along the way. I have learned that no matter how many things are on your plate, you have to take things ONE item at a time and slowly check off down the list and always remember to take a deep breath and wait 5 minutes before sending an email. So take that for what it's worth and go on with you day.
I'm excited to share more elements of my world with you--so check back and see whats going on in my neck of the woods?

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment