The beach was great today, but I felt myself get a little crispy so around 2 I headed home to lounge around. Well that did not last long. Lindsay got home from work early and insisted that we go to the Lincoln Park Zoo. It is free! I was down. We got to the zoo and got to see so many fun animals, I seriously think it may have been since middle school since I have been to a zoo. I became extremely fascinated with the gorillas. I got quite the lessons on Gorillas today. For instance... they are encased in glass because they can catch colds just like humans thus leading to runny noses and doctor visits. Oh, and they take aspirin. Fascinating.
We headed back and had another not so great dinner, and then decided to take a walk to the rainforest cafe for a dessert keeping with the zoo theme of the day. This was after going to the Speaker of the week of course. Our waiter was no fun and didn't appreciate our humor. This seems to keep happening to us every where we go. I think we are just to much for most people to handle. I am ok with that.
Overall. A solid day... a few things before I part with you.
1. Happy Birthday Anthony... you are now an old man :)
2. If a sassy foreign waiter questions your ID, simply question his green card.
3. Lindsay has recently discovered UNO on Facebook, she is chatting with 11 year olds. Creepy.
Birthday...12 Days. Seriously. Yes.
...until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment