sigh.

Ok moving on. Finally back to some weddings after a week or so break. Today was a good example of how wedding planning can be fun. We arrived to the Humboldt Park boat house to set up for todays wedding. It was not exactly a wedding per say, the happy couple had recently been married in Maui (rough) and wanted to have a reception of sorts with their family and friends. Unfortunately, this was an outdoor wedding, and nothing could be more risky than that in Chicago. It was freezing... a high today of 69, and rainy. Luckily it only rained... during the ceremony. Any way. We made friends with two of the most attractive males ever to serve alcohol. The same two bartenders seem to be at every wedding we have done this summer, I certainly don't mind, hopefully they are stalking me on purpose haha! Any way so regardless of my life mission to get a phone number out of the bartender, the wedding seemed to go smoothly and everyone loved it and Anthony as always... Oh and his two lovely assistants whom by the way looked like one fierce package today. We love our burn notice moments. We painlessly got everything packed and ready to go and were on our way to see Second City by 7. A world record and everyone was in a great mood, well.. ok but anyway it was an early end for a Saturday and we were thankful.
Meagan and I stopped to grab a bite before the show and then headed over to see Second City. I have been looking forward to this since I got to Chicago. It was pretty great, I think I was too exhausted from the day to really enjoy it but it was still really funny. There was one point in the show where one actor stopped the show and got down on one knee to propose to a fellow actress. I started crying and then they ran off stage and the crowd got silent and it was rather awkward. They eventually came back out and played it out like it was fake... so now I will forever wonder if I witnessed a truly romantic proposal, or just another example of how love sucks and isn't real. By the time the show was over I was just exhausted and came home to prepare myself for a SUPER LONG wedding tomorrow. It is at my favorite venue, and we will once again be united with our favorite bartending staff. Woo, Woo.
Lessons of the day.
1. When driving down the streets of Chicago do not be alarmed by large men wearing clown costumes with streamers tied to their head trying to mooch rides... picture included for viewing pleasure.

2. Cosco Sheet cake, $16.99 FREAKING fabulous. My birthday is in 10 days if anyone is interested... I want that cake.
3. Just as T Pain once said... "I like the barrrrtender..."
until tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment