Monday, July 20, 2009

Party Down Dance Crew, Cheers!

Somehow, I am going to try to detail the events of yesterday to the best of my rhetorical ability, however it still will not have the dramatic quality that it deserves. 

Sunday morning. While I am not at liberty to really discuss this, because it is not personally my story to tell, I feel it is an appropriate time to remind all of you whom I love so dearly to please watch your drinks when you are out at night. Roofies are a scary business as we have recently learned. It can happen to anyone...

Anyway. Meagan and I needed to be at a New Leaf by 3 to begin set up for the wedding reception. We walked in to absolute chaos. The bride had insisted that it wouldn't matter if some of the linens were satin green and some of the linens were cotton. Please note that this DOES make a difference and a hideous one at that. After a while of changing things around it really did turn into one of the most beautiful weddings we have done this summer. Purple, Green, and Pink. That is my kind of wedding! The center pieces were pretty neat once again, they utilized granny smith apples which is a really cool idea, I would like that at my wedding. Here I go again, changing my wedding vision. While we are on that note, I would like to add that I no longer despise the male race, I am once again happy with them (for the most part). So we got the reception site together just in the nick of time, because they started to arrive early. And please let me tell you that this couple was not about to put up with any crap, they were determined to have everything run flawlessly. Unfortunately, this vision ended quickly when the catering ran short of food with about 15 people left in line. This is when I thought it would be best to step in the back and get out of the way because when the groom approached me to ask where all the food was, I wanted to die, rather than tell him we had run out. YIKES. Not really sure how they managed to remedy that one but this was one drunk groom so I think he was more concerned about getting another bottle of crown then bringing the pain train on the caterers. 

This was the first wedding where the majority of the crowd was completely toasted before they arrived to the reception. Those lovely bartenders of ours were once again working this wedding slinging drinks left and right. It is my understanding that one girlfriend was throwing them $20's to keep them from serving her boyfriend, while the boyfriend was throwing them $20's to keep the drinks coming... hey, what ever keeps the bank account a float I say. Also, there was a lot of broken glassware by the end of this little shindig, which sucks, because I believe thats about $4 a pop for each broken glass, what a shame. In the mean time things were pretty rowdy in the back, I guess it took us about 4 weeks to get comfortable with the "Wedding gang" by now its usually the same servers, bartenders, caterers, and then of course the three of us, at the majority of the weddings that we do. This was the first night that we had an extreme amount of down time to hang out in the back. This consisted of me pushing Anthony around on a cart, the Chef doing cheerleading kicks in the back, Meagan (shock) on her phone, and me dancing around, harassing people, and being made fun of. The usual. It was actually pretty fun. I think most of us were to the point where we were slap happy tired and just being obnoxious. Finally, we were able to wrap up the party and get everything torn down. It was about that time when those trouble maker bartenders of ours asked me where we were going out tonight. Let me tell you that at 1 am, where I am going out for the night is about the last thing I could possibly imagine doing, BUT I could obviously not pass that up. So we traded numbers and we all met up at where you ask??? Pippens...duh. It was the four of us all dressed in black and looking fierce this is really just expected at this point. We spent the entire night trying to find a suitable name for our "crew" haha. I think by the end of the night it because "Party Down Crew" I don't even know and I am slightly embarrassed I just admitted that. Anyway, last night was my first experience taking a Chicago bar all the way to close at 4 am! I am a champ. It was really fun actually, they are pretty cool guys. We should probably just travel in a pack from now on rocking one wedding at a time. They felt it was necessary to pick me up upside down and run out of the bar with me... great, one more reason for Pippen man to hate me. He is bound to get over this some day, probably not soon though. Oh well, I am going to keep asking him!

Overall, one of my favorite weddings. Good times, good decor, good staff, and as always a successful orchestration by Anthony. 

9 days until my birthday!!!! Please don't ever let me leave Chicago!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment