Friday Night is where I left you...so that is where I will begin.
FINALLY a night out on the town with Joshua. This had been much anticipated. We all had a good time getting ready and hydrated at the lovely Baumhart. Special shout out to Ryan and Ashlei for bringing us homemade ice cream. You guys really rock, but obviously you know this. We decided to finally embark on our first night out at a dance club, another thing we had been wanting to do since we got here. We went to CroBar, So freaking sweet. I will be sad in Athens never being about to go out to cool places but I suppose I will save a ton of money
. It was such a fun time... a little promiscuous (I think I only used that word because Promiscuous Girl by Nelly Furtado is playing on my computer right now haha) but anyway. It was definitely an experience to say the least, and we ended our night with some fabulous pizza.
Did I mention the fellow from the Ukraine?

Saturday: Wedding at the Marmon Grand, Chicago IL... Or was it Nigeria? Im not really sure. We arrived at a really spacious venue and began to pull the linens out of the box... yellow, champagne, purple, green... um what theme are we going for here exactly? Soon
enough everything was set up and we could see the room really come together. The florist/centerpiece designer, if you will, came in with candles galore and centerpieces made of lemons and limes. To make it look much more cohesive. No one really knew what we were in store for when guests started to arrive in elaborate african dresses (for lack of culturally correct term) and extremely large and bright headdresses. This was for sure the most unique we had done so far this summer. Between the tribal dances and prayers in various languages I was really unsure what to think, but it turned out to be one of our favorite weddings. Not to mention, Janet, the venue owner and I are now besties. She loved me. This wedding took is good oletime to wrap its self up and we got out of there around 1:30. Probably because all of the guests were too preoccupied with stuffing the lemons and limes from the centerpieces in their purses...Really. 2 am and turned right around to be ready to start the wedding on Sunday.
Sunday: Another wedding at A New Leaf. This was pretty hands off for us because they brought in Heart Boys Catering, which im not sure if you are aware but yes they have a TV show on the Food Network. So Meagan and I's role was rather small, but we did make one hell of a pine cone arrangement in the basement cellar which we made our home for the night. This wedding was our first Jewish wedding complete with a Chuppah, glass breaking, and of course Mazel tov!! The food was excellent, I LOVED it, but really when haven't I loved something that I have eaten here, it's disgusting really. Once again I was on grooms duty for this wedding, unfortunately they weren't really in to joking around with me like usual. So it was less fun for me but none the less it was a really pretty wedding. This wedding ended around 11, with a nice tip out for me... YES! I would love to tell you that this is where we got into the car to go home, however that is not exactly where the night took us. It just so happened that we all ended up waiting in line to get in to Berlin for Madonna Rama. My first gay bar, and sure to be one hell of an experience. I really wish I was creative enough to phrase the night in a way that would accurately describe it but that is beyond my rhetorical abilities. All I am going to say is this. Bartenders in T shirts and briefs, Drag queens, fabulosity at its finest, Derek, and Madonna straight until (cough) 5 am. Literally, I am sitting here laughing to myself at how speechless I am. But it was SO much fun. Off the clock... of course...
Monday Morning: Still speechless....
Monday Night: I traveled to Evanston to finally visit Joshua in his land. I got to see the Loyola campus, so so beautiful. If I had known that was out there back in the day, I would have never settled for going to school in Ohio. I kick my self everyday because I know I was meant for the city at an early age. But I suppose, I will be a city girl soon enough. Anyway, we met up with his girlfriend and headed to dinner. This was a fun dinner! I love hanging out with both of them, we had a good time discussing our excessive drinking patterns over a few drinks. And then we headed back home. Now, the train ride to the city from Evanston is roughly (very roughly) 40 minutes. We had the pleasure of sitting next to a strapping young fellow from Northwestern who was headed downtown, as he explained to us so very eloquently, to meet up with some Irish girls he met out last night to go to a Jazz club. Those Northwestern boys are high rollers, I am still hoping to find my self one. A jazz club, really? Please help me get out of Athens... the best we can do is go to Broney's on Wednesday for Karaoke. However, Josh and Michele got off the train a good 30 minutes before I did so I had the pleasure of chatting with him the whole way home. Those from Evanston live differently than most, but I think if I ever go boyfriend shopping that will be my first stop. It was lovely.
So now that I have made your eyes bleed with all of this non sense, I will leave you. Only 5 days left. Miserable. But they are stuffed with exciting activities which are sure to produce fascinating blog entries... so until next time..
happy planning... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment