Last night I had the pleasure of dining in Baumhart for my last time. It is most unfortunate that it never really came full circle and redeem its quality through out the program like I thought it might. But no, we ended on mystery meat and some "orangish sauce" as stated by the cafeteria worker when trying to convince someone to take a piece. Yummy. After dinner we all headed over to the Dreamer finale. We had anxiously been awaiting the debut of this slideshow our dreamer police had been so diligently working on and scouring our facebooks to complete. God only knew what they were going to pick to put on the show but I actually made a debut several times. Way to represent the coolest birthday girl ever in the slideshow. Loved it. After a sentimental evening we ended with a toast (with sparkling apple juice OF COURSE) and people could randomly shout out something to toast too. I considered several, "Cheers to the very lovely front desk personnel outfitted in bullet proof vests", "Cheers to Pippens", "Cheers to the 151 bus for successfully making me late almost every day", andddd just maybe "Cheers to Taco". But thats just me.
Lindsay and I have been so carefully holding on to our $25 gift cards to Martini Park since the beginning of July for the perfect moment. That moment was last night. Luckily for us, we happened to stumble across this magnificent bar on their 2 year anniversary for which all drinks were $3 off , no cover, and a Live karaoke band. Usually I cringe at the thought of karaoke, but this was the first time actual people with talent have taken the stage. We got to try several martinis with our lovely gift certificates and I decided the mango martini was my favorite. Surprise surprise. We had the best time and deemed this our favorite bar... well not quite. On the way home I HAD to stop at Pippins, the bartender would have been crushed had I left Chi town without a proper good bye, at least this is what I like to think in my head. Naturally, I walked in bearing no ID and sat down right in front of him and asked him if he had missed me. EHH not really, he claimed, a natural response for my salty bar tending friend. Lindsay went to the bathroom and I decided to let him know this was my last night in Chicago, and he began to ask me questions and I explained I had a year left in school but not to fret because I will be moving back soon enough. He laughed, the first happy emotion I have ever seen this man conjure, and gave me a high five and wished me luck. We are in love, I'm telling you!
Today was my last day for the beach so I went to lay out for a bit until I reached bacon status, stopped to get my last Jamba Juice fix and now I am home preparing myself for the Dreamer dinner/dance/lets get crazy cruise. I can not wait. I have a sassy new dress, yeah I know ANOTHER one... lets not talk about my shopping problem. That will be covered in my new blog, "Home, Broke, and Sad... but still Sassy". Clever right?
Stay tuned, the end is near... but let me leave you with some final lessons.
1. Confidence, you will never be carded once you are actually 21, bummer.
2. All drama comes full circle. Always.
3. Once it goes stale you CAN NOT re freshen it. Throw it out. (a metaphor)
4. Help us save Taco, Alex's domesticated seal... it is NOT sushi.
5. Baumhart hall room 805 will forever have a kiwi stain on the wall... whoops.
dreamer love.
No comments:
Post a Comment