Thursday, July 2, 2009

What's your aesthetic?

Today I got to play event planner. Mother Hen took us to the rental warehouse/ design company he uses, to place an order and in the mean time we were encouraged to look around. This place was crazy... everything you could ever imagine was there. Tons and tons of different fabrics for linens and table runners, etc. Plates, flatware, glassware, and a million other fun things! I used to think my wedding was already completely ready to go in my head (interchangeable groom of course) but for the most part I had it ready to go. But today walking around in this warehouse I realized it will be impossible to ever decide. However, perhaps I will be able to live vicariously through others weddings that I plan. I also can't wait for the chance to be creative with others weddings because I really do have some great ideas brewing, or at least I think they are great.  

We then went to stop at this restaurant to pick up a catering bill for the wedding we have saturday. Let me just try and explain this restaurant to you. We pull up to this LITTLE hut downtown in a slightly shifty neighborhood. A completely unmarked building but through the windows using context clues you can conclude this is a restaurant. Comparable to Zoe (for you athens folk) but more like Revolver (for you Findlay folk). 
Anyway. We walk in, and find this little hut of a restaurant equipped with seating for 26. I ask why the name isn't on the building and how people are supposed to know to eat here. The response is, we don't want any one to just walk in here. Reservations only, and they operate on a word of mouth basis. I then learned that this fine dining establishment has a three item menu. And your going to drop your entire wallet, and then some, while eating here. The food however, will rock your world. And yes, they are catering the wedding on saturday. Good news for me. Maybe not for the father of the bride. Another experience for sure, if nothing else.

As of today I think the color scheme I like best for my own personal wedding is plum and dark silver. I think I am going to keep a running tally of how many times this changes while I am here.

In other news, I took my first tap class last night. I was slightly out of my league. But actually I will retract that statement, I was fine I just needed time to adjust to the style, and the fact that I just jumped into a class that has been going on for about 5 weeks already. I'll go back... even though the journey there is treacherous and dangerous at night. 
...oh and I saw the hangover. I had been resisting the push by everyone on earth to see it because I hate stupid movies like that. But it was hysterical. I enjoyed it. And my dinner with the lovely Joshua afterwards.

Lessons from today:
1. Half million dollar condos AND the projects share a block
2. You can easily change a belt, shoes, and hair. Not their personality
3. Smiley Face. Really?
4. DO NOT wear dangly earrings, bracelets, bring a purse, or look at any one at the 3rd of July Fireworks. you WILL be robbed. 
5. Harry Potter t-minus 13 days, My Birthday 27 days. Those are the important things 

No comments:

Post a Comment