Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Ferris Wheel and a nice cold Blue Moon, the makings of the perfect weekend.


Let me start by saying that yes, I am aware it is tuesday but for all intensive purposes of this post my "weekend" will include all events leading up to this morning.

I have had a perfect last few days. We kicked it off with Lindsay's 21st birthday and had a great time, clearly. Sunday we went on our journey to pick up a little ball of sunshine that was coming to visit. After an hour delay we found him in all of his sarcastic glory :) And headed though the city on our way home. After we managed to get him through the bullet proof vest wearing guards that so effortlessly guard my building, we settled in and then gathered up the gang for a night out on the town (sunday, yes I know).  We headed down to navy pier for dinner and fun times, my roommates chose to take the scenic route and it took us about an hour to get there with all of their demands to take pictures, of everything...really. Anyway we finally got there and looked for a place to eat were we could sit down outside... and by the water... Jared's criteria haha. We loved our crazy little mexican waiter... it was still Lindsay's birthday so when she presented her ID he caused a scene and gave her a hard time. He proceeded to make little jokes the entire night that no one understood, too funny. Alex and Lindsay were obsessed with going in to the fun house but luckily we all opted for the ferris wheel at night instead. It was so perfect. After a good time at the pier we headed home. Naturally, putting four OU kiddies in one room together leads to intoxication at its finest. So we changed and headed to Pippens. You might think that by this point the doorman had forgotten about our little incident (please note earlier post) but this is not the case. He looked at Jared's ID, and then looked at me and I quote...

"Yeah Jared you can go in (looks over to me) yeah, I know you... there are plenty of open seats on the other side of the bar, I don't want to look at you." Excellent. I am a real charmer...

Of course, the two of us drinking together. What else is new, somethings will never change.  We ran up a nice hefty blue moon tab and left rather pleased. Monday was absolutely gorgeous. We layed out on the beach where we got a lesson in why one should never wear a white speedo. To our right, a younger fellow decked out in his finest skimpy white speedo basking in the rays. To our left, a old large man, pony-tail and all, bearing a nice white thong featuring his toasted, HAIRY cheeks for the world to see. I love the beach. When that became too much to bare we went to lunch. Next, in true "day in the life of molly" fashion I took Jared to Trader Joes, because really everyone should have the luxury to shop there. *I am thinking of compiling a list of the many things I will desperately miss when I leave, Trader Joe's will be near the top* Anyway, cheap wine was a must. (I discovered today that was a drrrastic mistake).

Thank god Meagan finally returned last night, we all napped and opened the wine way to early and prepared for our big night out (yes, monday... it's ok). Jared got to roll with Chicago's finest, (my roommates, meagan, and my self) to the land of Wrigleyville. I wish so much that I could detail the rest of the night for you, however, a bout of amnesia has rushed over me.

I get the feeling we had a great night. My bank statement agrees.  :)

This morning I had to take the little booger back to the bus to go home. boo. It was a really great few days. My favorite in chicago thus far. Pending on tonight that may change... HARRY POTTER!!!!!

Back to the real world for me...

...oh, and I am looking for roommates who want to move in with me in this lovely oasis of a city. 


Lessons you ask? I know you've missed them.
1. Sand covered skin when burnt resembles toast.
2. You DO take the red line to howard when trying to get home
3. Never put your friends hair in curlers when you're "totally sober"

until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment