Every once in a while I get a burst of blog envy, and come crawling back here to indulge. This week I am feeling inspired on a variety of levels. I was severely suffering from a creative slump. I started looking back through my choreography from my OU Tap Cats days and forgot how truly bad ass it was. See here. Or here.
Good stuff.
Anyway. I felt like I needed somewhere where I could take class for me and challenge myself again. As fate would have it, It appears I moved (I moved, yes) in the exact neighborhood of a very prestigious tap studio where many of the greats are known to drop in and teach when in town. SO I decided to drop in and finally felt a challenge and a renewed sense of self. It would be easy to let that part of my life slide, but it is important to keep it going. A huge part of my up bringing and personal culture. I am hoping to attend as many as I can and carry over my energy to my students. I have a long way to go with them this year!
DC TapFest anyone?
After reading through the below I also find it exciting that I have actively accomplished most of what I had hoped to after my last post. I mentioned moving which I did, granted I am not sure I improved my circumstances much, as I now have an hour commute to work each morning...YIKES. At least my house is awesome and new and mice-free.Visitors?
Isaac is also attending Law School at Catholic University, hence the move, which is awesome...and awesomely challenging for both of us. That's for another post.
Meanwhile, I am working on achieving MAJOR goals in my career. One being earning my CMP as well as a few other things in the pipeline that arent ready for publication. I will be sure to update. 4 years in the city and it feels like yesterday.
Halloween in the District this weekend. Its funny how only a few years change things so drastically. Usually I am AMPED for this holiday and have several costumes and ideas ready to go. This year, I am yet again, uninspired and stressed. What are you guys dressing up as for Halloween? I have 2 days to get something together! I found these ideas to be pretty hilarious. I love when things literal.
On that note I leave you... xo
No comments:
Post a Comment