Thursday, July 23, 2009

When I was a little girl I dreamed of Lake Michigan... or something like that.

Ah, the satisfaction of a refreshing day. I woke up this morning and went on a run thinking it would be cooler in the early afternoon then the peak of the day. I was very wrong. It was soooo unbearably hot. This led me to believe that I should hurry home switch in to my swim suit and go lay out at the beach. By the time I got ready and headed back to the beach, it was overcast and cloudy. This however did not deter me from laying out for awhile. After all, I would much rather be at the beach than in my recently renovated love nest of an apartment. So I stayed for an hour or two before the rain sent me back home against my will. 

We had the executive producer of the Oprah show come today to speak to us. This was seriously one of my favorite moments of the program thus far. She was SO successful, outgoing, and confident about herself. All of the things that I strive to be. I wish she was in the industry that I was in so that I could use her as a resource or at least learn her ways. Not saying that I wouldn't drop everything to be Oprah's personal assistant any given day... but you know what I mean. She was really inspirational though, and gave me a boost of confidence to go after what I really want. Cheesy, I know... but true. I also came to the realization that despite my really developed resume I still need to work on gaining more experience. This summer has been so amazing and I have already learned so much it just makes me crave even more experience. I am almost dreading going back to school because I am going to feel like I am just waiting for the summer so I can get back to Chicago and start my real life. Still looking for roommates, who would be more fun to live with in Chicago than me? Good question. 

Anyway, we(three of us) are currently all in one little room avoiding the Love shack babbbyyy, that has become our apartment.  Sorry there is nothing too exciting to write about today. Except that this weekend and week is going to be the BEST! Why you ask?

1. Working a cool fundraiser event at the SHEDD Aquarium
2. Cubs Game. Wrigleyville!!!!! YES the moment we have all been waiting for since we have been here.
3. Shopping for my birthday outfit. 
4. Oh, and MY BIRTHDAY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

I will be accepting Birthday Wishes, Presents, Flowers, Cakes, etc.  at...

Molly Hoyt
26 E. Pearson 
Baumhart Hall Rm 806 A
Chicago IL, 60611

Peace out dreamers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment