So today I didn't have to work, and since I didn't get to sleep until 4 am I was thankful for the chance to sleep in until...uh noon. Don't judge me. I finally bit the bullet and decided it was time for laundry. Yes Week 7 and I decided to do laundry. It was a miserable process, first I had to borrow a laundry card from Meagan because I absolutely refused to pay 5 dollars towards a card I am only going to use once, check. Then I had to figure out this futuristic laundry machine and how to put money on it, I configured all of my loads to realize that I would need 8 dollars, only to find that the machine only took $5 bills. REALLY. This led me back to my room to search for ANYTHING other than a one dollar bill, pathetic, but welcome to Chicago. Nothing, so i had to go out in to town to buy something so I could make my ones in to fives. Annoyed as all hell, I went back to the laundry facility to realize that by submitting two $5's I would inevitably be loosing three dollars. All in the name of laundry, whatever... when it was all said and done this process had taken me 3 and a half hour and needless to say wasted my entire day give that I woke up at noon. Cool.
Next up, time to shop for a birthday dress. I walked over to Water Tower looking like a for real piece of trash. I really didn't have any clothes and I hadn't showered of course. But I went into Akira anyway assuming that I would be asked to leave due to my appearance. But instead one of the workers was like "birthday dress shopping?" I was kinda surprised and was like "Yes actually I am, yay 21!!!" So she went nuts and pulled me like 20 dresses to try on, usually this is so annoying to me, but today I was actually grateful, I probably would have never picked up half of the things she pulled for me but I ended up being in my dressing room for like an hour because I loved everything!!! I finally found the PERFECT dress, I am so excited to wear it. I had my usual spending anxiety and had to call my mom and Lindsay to see if i should buy it. I went a step further and made Lindsay come straight from work to see if she approved. She did, I bought it, and I love it. Horah! Now what are my birthday plans you ask? I do not even know, all I know is that my mother is coming in to town on Wednesday for a day of celebration so everyone should be ready. If you are interested here is the tentative schedule...
Tuesday at Midnight, we will be venturing out to have my first legal beverage. But just a few
Wednesday, Lunch with my momma and my boss, Dinner with all my friennnnds... yes YOU! Any one who is interested is welcome.. Cheesecake Factory 7 p.m. be there or be square. From there we will be proceeding to the bars, probably Wicker Park but I am open for suggestions...
Friday, going to a club for the reallll celebration! Wooo Wooo!!
**I am in desperate need of a Birthday Sash. Please be on the look out, we have looked everywhere and can not find one. So if you happen to see one let me know! Haha
Stay tuned... you won't want to miss out.
No comments:
Post a Comment