Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A.K.A The Intern: Day 1

Today was my first day as an Intern. Wow. That was something else. So so fun. We get the schedule of events for the rest of the Summer, and I am going to be working at some pretty amazing Weddings and various events. I am  so excited, my fellow intern is really great and we were both exuding so much enthusiasm all day we felt like dorks. When we arrived we were told yeah feel free to make this your home you can eat lunch on the roof if you need a break. Why would you eat lunch on the roof you ask? Oh may be because there is a pool and a huge space where people are laying out, cooking out... with a view of the entire city, pictures to come. Crazy... if i live in Chicago I think thats where I will post up. 

We went to lunch where we got the low down on how this whole thing is going to work and I couldn't be happier with the internship I have. He is so fantastic and is going to teach us so much, I can't wait to get started with events. Coming up this weekend there is a wedding on Saturday followed by a sailboat wedding on the lake sunday. WOW! Each weekend is something ever more exciting and new than the last, I am going to be having quite the experience. 

Again, with the bus fiasco today. Someday I will get the hang of it. 

Day off tomorrow, I get to alternate days because most of our hours are on the weekends. Its great because I will have time to explore the city!

Lesson of the day: When it pours in Chicago Umbrellas are pointless. They will just flip inside out and leave you drenched and pathetic looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment